Samco coolant hose kit

Share your bling. Latest Alums, topbox, alarms, gel seat...
limeyduffa
900cc
900cc
City: Adelaide
Year: 2012
Colour: Black
Model: SMT

Samco coolant hose kit

Post by limeyduffa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:39 am

I took my bike in to the dealer mid-May to fault down a coolant leak (I first thought it was a leaking head gasket). They faulted the problem down to one of the coolant hoses connecting to the thermostat. Neither the dealer or KTM Australia had the parts, so they were back ordered from KTM in Austria. After by bike sat in the dealer for 6 weeks, I lost patience and decided to source the parts myself. I discovered a company in England called SAMCO that produced silicon hose coolant kits and I ordered one (Part No "KTM-13" + stainless steel hose clips). The pictures below are the result (see orange plumbing).

The huge after market for KTM saved me. Looking on the web, there is a huge range of parts now days that is able to support by bike, as KTM completely suck at doing this. There was nothing out there 10 years ago. Bruce from Racebikebitz quickly shipped by kit out to me (6 days transit). Very prompt and friendly service. My dealer quickly fitted the parts despite some tolerance issues with the SAMCO parts. As a result, my bike is finally back on the road. After two months you have no idea how much I miss it. This is the time of the year I ride, and have missed out on a lot of good riding weather.

Brooksy
250cc
250cc
City: Durham
Year: 2010
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Re: Samco coolant hose kit

Post by Brooksy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:54 pm

had the Samco hoses on my Tuono and they are on my shopping list for the SMT :D
looks good mate

limeyduffa