50cc
50cc
City: Bristol
Year: 2015
Colour: White
Model: Adventure

KTM 1290 SA - Build Quality

Post by bristol_biker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am

KTM 1290 SA is a lovely bike but the build quality is just shocking, mine is less than three years old and under 10K miles. Full beam switch gear has failed three times, rear wheel bearing highly corroded, front brake calliper bolt failed, crash bars replaced due to corrosion, and more ....

Lets not even mention the well documented problems with the clunky forks or the two recalls it has had for other issues.
It went back to the dealer about 10 times in its first three months and since then it has just suffered a series of problems, originally thought most of the issues were dealer related but now looks like most of it is down to KTM quality or its lack of it.

The bike is now out of warranty, cant get any sense or communication out of KTM, so can only advise you not to buy KTM, the dealers seem to be more than aware of the appalling quality issues surrounding KTM bikes. I love riding the bike but the hassle that goes with owning a KTM is just not worth it, I cant cope with the poor reliability or the time I spend riding it back and forth to the dealer