dukebadboy
500cc
500cc
City: London
Year: 2012

Rottweiler intake, PCV + Full Akra

Postby dukebadboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Could someone explain so I have a clear picture in my head,

I have full Akra (with map) and would like to add Rottweiler intake and PCV 5.

Does PCV replace OEM ECU and hence Akra map that is installed at the moment?

How difficult is the installation process? Can an official KTM dealer do the work or does it need to be a special shop specializing in tuning?

What tune one would flash into PCV with Rottweiler?

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Fry
Supporter
Supporter
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Re: Rottweiler intake, PCV + Full Akra

Postby Fry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 pm

dukebadboy wrote:Could someone explain so I have a clear picture in my head,

I have full Akra (with map) and would like to add Rottweiler intake and PCV 5.

Does PCV replace OEM ECU and hence Akra map that is installed at the moment?

How difficult is the installation process? Can an official KTM dealer do the work or does it need to be a special shop specializing in tuning?

What tune one would flash into PCV with Rottweiler?

I just installed te Stage 4 Rotti intake to include PCV (Pics to come) and may be able to answer a few of your questions.

The PCV supplements your stock ECU, basically IMHO piggy backs it. The PCV plugs in between your Stock Full Injectors and stock wiring harness for these items to take control of them. I'm sure there is more to it than that but briefly that's my understanding.

A KTM dealer could install it. Though if your somewhat handy with spinning wrenches it isn't that difficult to install.

Rotti will download a map into the PCV for the combo of parts your running and or that will suit your bike if you ask them. Additionally there are a ton of maps out on the net on forums, get the Dynojet software (Free) on your PC then you can put maps onto your PCV as easy as plugging in usb cables.

I hope I gave you the right info and answered a few of your questions.

dukebadboy
500cc
500cc
City: London
Year: 2012

Re: RE: Re: Rottweiler intake, PCV + Full Akra

Postby dukebadboy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 pm

Fry wrote:
I just installed te Stage 4 Rotti intake to include PCV (Pics to come) and may be able to answer a few of your questions.

The PCV supplements your stock ECU, basically IMHO piggy backs it. The PCV plugs in between your Stock Full Injectors and stock wiring harness for these items to take control of them. I'm sure there is more to it than that but briefly that's my understanding.

A KTM dealer could install it. Though if your somewhat handy with spinning wrenches it isn't that difficult to install.

Rotti will download a map into the PCV for the combo of parts your running and or that will suit your bike if you ask them. Additionally there are a ton of maps out on the net on forums, get the Dynojet software (Free) on your PC then you can put maps onto your PCV as easy as plugging in usb cables.

Thank you! That's clear now.

Did you also get AT300 auto tune? Do you know how does it work exactly? Does it sit on top of some base tune (say one that Rotti flashed) and adjust fuel injection dynamically?

Fry
Supporter
Supporter
City: Auburn
Year: 2017

Re: RE: Re: Rottweiler intake, PCV + Full Akra

Postby Fry » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:16 pm

dukebadboy wrote:
Fry wrote:

Thank you! That's clear now.

I didn't chose to get the Auto Tune as I figured the Map I was going to get would be almost spot on for my combo. Additionally once Im settled that upgrades are done I will go get a dyno tune for an exact map to be created for me taking into account other factors.

The Auto Tune I believe plugs into the PCV, then plugs into the )2 Harness and or has its own 02 sensors that replace the stock ones? It then makes real time dynamic adjustments. Again, on this site Kevtec (I think that's his screen name) has numerous threads and highly detailed information on all of these items, how they work, he's the sites guru.

Did you also get AT300 auto tune? Do you know how does it work exactly? Does it sit on top of some base tune (say one that Rotti flashed) and adjust fuel injection dynamically?

Return to “Exhausts”