Issues with rear brake when refitting wheel

Squeaky back brake? Hard to control at 30mph/40kph?
Irn-Bru
125cc
125cc
City: NE
Year: 2020
Colour: White
Model: SMT

Issues with rear brake when refitting wheel

Post by Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:14 am

I got a new tyre fitted yesterday so I went to fit the wheel the reverse of how I took it off and the brake pads just drop out and swing on the retaining pin. I tried for ages to get them to slot into place but had no luck with the one nearest to the wheel. I can't seem to man handle the calliper like I'm used to on other bikes I'm guessing cos it's a floating calliper. Any advice?

Magic Wand
Supporter
Supporter
City: Sthlm
Year: 2010

Re: Issues with rear brake when refitting wheel

Post by Magic Wand » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi 'Irn-Bru'

I also have some minor problems sometimes when the brake pads are going to take place in the rear brake caliper. But no serious problem though.

Is something missing? How about the 'retaining plates'? There is 2 of them, although I'm not 100 % sure they are exactly the same... Still in place?

The one to the left at the picture below has got an arrow (->) on it as I remember. It tells the front direction.

It is Nr 3 ( 2 of them) at this screen shot:
Skärmavbild 2018-04-12 kl. 19.33.51.png
/M

Irn-Bru
125cc
125cc
City: NE
Year: 2020
Colour: White

Re: Issues with rear brake when refitting wheel

Post by Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:25 pm

As is turns out nothing was missing, it was just bad technique on my part. I had a 2nd attempt at it and removed the brake pads completely this time, then fitted the wheel, then the pads and they went on with no issues, all sorted now.