Kevxtx KTM SMR/SMT Mod book

Here be mechanigeeks. Anything technical that is not a teething problem.
kevxtx
City: Brisbane
Year: 2014

Re: Kevxtx KTM SMR/SMT Mod book

Post by kevxtx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:39 pm

xaotikos wrote:please give me your paypal!
Its a great book and we'll wait for more info in the future, if available

Thanks for your kind offer, unfortuently over the past month we have been smashed by spamers one registering every 10 to 20 min, Dave & myself find it hard to know who is the real deal & ban who we feel might be a spamer & delete all the spam pages every few hours of every day, please do not take this the wrong way as I am sure you are a honarable person but due to your low forum activity I will have to decline all kind offer & any future offers from new members with low or no forum activity as we have a dormant community of spamers.

There will be future updates in coming months, a kind forum member is dressing the Mod book up as we speak looks much more professional, I will post the download link when it is finished.

This book was made to give our KTM's 990's something that the other forums don't have a modifiction index, the donations are just a good will gesuture as humans.

xaotikos
900cc
900cc
City: Athens
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

Post by xaotikos » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:36 pm

No offence of course.
I'm still waiting the 2013 model...so I will be in touch later on for sure.

Thanks

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:57 am

xaotikos wrote:No offence of course.
I'm still waiting the 2013 model...so I will be in touch later on for sure.

Thanks
Thank you for understanding. :D

ROL99
250cc
250cc
City: Moedling
Year: 2009
Colour: Silver

Post by ROL99 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 am

Hi Kev,

sent you a PM, no Info jet :(

Cheers
Roland

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 am

ROL99 wrote:Hi Kev,

sent you a PM, no Info jet :(

Cheers
Roland

Sorry mate must have missed that one, been busy the last few days & have not been on the forum much.

I thank you for you kind offer.

falcon4
675cc
675cc
City: FAYETTEVILLE
Year: 2010

Post by falcon4 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 pm

What a great thing to do! thanks Kev

Is it ready or still being dressed up?
thanks again,

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 pm

falcon4 wrote:What a great thing to do! thanks Kev

Is it ready or still being dressed up?
thanks again,

Mod index is avaliable for download on the first page, the index is been dress up so it does not look like a mechanic put it together, I will post a download link when that version is ready.

Bootworks
Supporter
Supporter
City: Livermore California

Post by Bootworks » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:18 am

Read through yesterday, great body of work! One of the main benefits is that all the information is in one place, without having to hunt through every post in gathering bits and pieces. It also presents the many different options -without bias- when looking at, say, exhausts, airboxes or even aftermarket seats. For those that question the data, I must remark that you're certainly welcome to duplicate the experiment and draw your own conclusions; For the rest of us, Kev has tried almost every combination (take as an example the chapter on 'Stacks') and presented an unbiased report, based on actual metrics.
I have no idea what the Dyno-time alone is worth: (I know what my custom map cost), but to have a baseline and measurements of every incremental gain (or loss) along the journey has to represent a very large investment in time, dollars and talent. There are even good hints on more pedestrian tasks, such as oil changes and best practices when sealing exhaust joints while installing cans. (For those of us concerned about aftermarket exhaust law enforcement, Kev even touches on an Akro Cat retrofit.) There's talk about steering-head bearings...I could just go on!
For a rider to undertake such a project, to share selflessly this information, organizing and leading other riders to do the same, it is a remarkable accomplishment. Thank you Kev! Next time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area, please P.M. me, I'd love to host your visit, provide a place to stay and a motorcycle to ride: I think of you as a friend I've yet to meet!

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:01 am

Very touched by your kind words Bootworks, if I am ever in your area I will look you up for that beer. If you ever come to Brisbane please look me up.

The Mod index is exactly what you mention, there are very few places one can go to get such info on specific models with all most every mod known all in one place without days of searching, I have tried to keep my personnel feelings out of the index as it could cloud judgments, in the end it is a modification index not a story on mods all the stories are all in the forum threads, I have done my best to cater for both models even though I ride a SMR. The first modification index I wrote 4 years ago on Yamaha XT660's is still helping riders out today it contains over 750 pages of indexed mods, I still update that index even though I have not owned a Yamaha for 18 months, I will still keep updating the SMR/SMT index if I change brands next year.

For the guys that know me personally I don't really like being in the spot light of things even though I seem to pop up all over the place trying to help, I help many riders for no self gain & hope it rubs off on others, 80% of the time it does. It is very rewarding to give something to someone & it cost them nothing & they walk away with a smile. :D

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Version 1.1 mod index is out for downloading off the first page, I would delete your first copy as this indes looks soooooooooo much better.

A big thank you to Scutty for all his help in making the mod index look so much better, he did his magic to the index & I love it. :D

Scutty
990cc
990cc
City: Guildford
Year: 2011
Colour: Silver

Post by Scutty » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 am

Kev

You should post your Mod book over on Orange Crush on ADVrider.com - I am sure it would be very well received.
2014 KMT 690 Enduro R and 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R

Because you can never have too much of a great thing!

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 am

All done for you, only to happy to share. :D

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845657

pasen
500cc
500cc
City: Nässjö
Year: 2012

Post by pasen » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Really nice :) Thanks Kev!
Swedish KTM 990 SMT 2012 owner
Excuse my English if it's bad sometimes ;)

White Knight
675cc
675cc
City: Victoria
Year: 2011
Colour: White

Post by White Knight » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:52 am

Wow Kev. This is an extraordinary effort. It is mind blowing how much work and effort you have put into this. simply amazing. The book looks AMAZING... really nicely done, and there is so much information there. I hope KTM finds out about you and makes you an offer you can't deny! If they knew a good thing, they would retain you for technical advice on product development.

Thank you so very much for all your incredible efforts. You are truly an inspiration.

xaotikos
900cc
900cc
City: Athens
Year: 2013
Colour: Black & Orange
Model: SMT

Post by xaotikos » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:04 am

Kev I posted the forum link to the greek KTM forum.
I hope you don't mind...

It is getting better and better, I can't wait to get my SMT!

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for your kind words White Night.

No problem on sharing the info with any forum xaotikos, just one thing can I ask if anyone wants to use my download links please use the one below as this gives the SMT forum more exposure & shows the KTM world were we are & how far we have gone in promoting the SMR & SMT models.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4946

Not sure if KTM would be to happy with my mod index as there would be many riders wanting to modify their bikes after that have reading the book.

147 downloads so far in a week not to bad.

LenFerguson
990cc
990cc
Colour: Black

Post by LenFerguson » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 am

Hey Kev looks good, I certainly have implemented a few of them now and can say that the improvements to the bike have been excellent. Highly recommend.

I will have to hunt through it now to find my next mod....
Current stable: KTM1290SDR(14), KTM1190ADVENTURE(14), BMWS1000RR(12), KTM690R(12), Husky TE250(13)

Previously loved: KTM990SMT(11), WR450F(10), F800GS(09), KLR650(08), KTM450EXC(05) FJR1300(04), KTM200EXC(03), XR400(03), CBR1000F(90), XR600(88), KR1(86)

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:40 am

Best look at this link, invented & to be manufactured here in Brisbane. You going to need that DNA high roof filter for your MH air box with this these DVS.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3299&start=430

Vrednie
990cc
990cc
City: Brisvegas
Year: 2010

Post by Vrednie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am

Did you still want the proof read stuff Kev??? It's pretty good as is!
Ride It Like You Stole It

kevxtx

Post by kevxtx » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 pm

James has not been apart of the development & testing of the stacks I have been making for my bike, he has been relying on my Dyno results to see which direction to go in, of late he has changed his design & dimensions of the stacks which makes it easier to manufacture but this new design has not been Dyno tested. The new lip on the RC8 stacks will improve the flow around the RC8 stack, the DVS inserted will remain a mistry until tested back to back on the same bike on the same day.

Like any performance mod you need to be 100% sure it works before releasing it, otherwise the mod will be torn to pieces & will never get off the ground.

I have never produced any other DVS besides the ones for my bike, the DVS idea on the 990 motor was James even though it orginally came from the Harley's, I have just taken the mod a bit further with many different version dimensions DVS which have all been Dyno tested with proven results, so I have a good idea what his results might be.